Qualifications for the Board of Directors
A director must meet the following qualifications:
- Be a Member in good standing since January 1 in the same year as the Annual Meeting.
- Over 21 years of age.
- Not employed by the La Plata County Humane Society.
- Must be a resident of La Plata County, Colorado.
- Shall not have any felony conviction (including pleas of guilty or no contest) within twenty years prior to the date of their application for appointment, shall not have any misdemeanor conviction involving elements of fraud, concealment, misrepresentation or theft by deception within ten years prior to the date of their application for appointment and shall not have any conviction for any offense involving animal abuse or domestic violence.
- Have no conflict of interest as defined in the Bylaws.
- Must support the purposes and policies stated in Article I of the Bylaws.
- Meet any additional qualifications stated in the Bylaws, the Articles of Incorporation or applicable law.